Wednesday, September 20, 2006

The Last Lake Photos

As Sophie told me today when she got home from school:" Did you know Mommy, that tomorrow is the first day of Fall? Do you know what is in the Fall? First my birthday, then Noah's, then the babies', then Halloween!" She got more and more excited as she went down her list of Fall happenings, after all, Halloween and your birthday in one month is pretty exciting. As an ode to the last day of summer, here are some more pics of our great summer vacation. My sister Mary just emailed these to me.

Sophie and Dave make the trek from the dock back up to the house



Sophie on one of her many jumps from the slide into the water



Kelly shows Sophie how to give Emily the "tornado top" made famous by yours truely. This photo is now my new wallpaper, it makes me laugh out loud.



Carly driving Rhonda the Honda with passengers Alex, Kelly and Sophie

Emily has reached a milestone of her own, and I was surprised when I first saw her do it, and thought it was just a fluke, but she has now done it several more times today. She is standing on her own! She will pull up on me with one hand, keeping the other one out for balance, then once she is balanced, will let go and stand for about 10 seconds. It is pretty funny to see this tiny thing standing on her own. Michael is getting braver too, he can now cruise with just one hand holding on to the furniture. The race is on to see who walks first!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Adorable pictures!

They will be walking before you know it!! How fun!