Monday, June 15, 2009

Redneck Pool

Setting up the little pool on the deck is much easier than taking Michael and Emily to the neighborhood pool. In reality, they have yet to make it to the big pool this year. They have been there many times to watch Swim Team practice at 8:30 in the morning, but not to swim themselves. Truth be told, I don't think I am ready for that excursion solo. Sophie is fully independent at the pool, but does require the requisite amount of "Mom, look at me!" kind of attention. And I have to get close to her to talk to her, so that presents a problem as well if all three are with me. Today Sophie has a playdate and sleepover, so it was easy to keep the little ones entertained with just the baby pool. Having it on the deck is perfect, I can watch them while I make lunch, get towels, etc. We were outside for a good 90 minutes, then it was off to nap.

Emily coming to complain that Michael has kicked her out, and has both boats, which is what they have been calling the chair and dishpan that found their way into the pool.

Here's the guilty party now..........


Emily is so distraught by his behavior she gives up and has a pity party for herself.



But it doesn't last long, and soon they have made up a game where one pretends to be drowning, and the other one rescues them with their "lifesaver".




There once was a girl, who had a little curl...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that satisfied look on Mike's face when he has the pool to himself is hilarious "Oh yeah, I'm in charge"!

Mary