Tuesday, June 27, 2006

8 Months Old

Michael and Emily will be 8 months old tomorrow, I can hardly believe it. Tonight we gave them Cheerios for the first time, and it was hilarious. So much so that I had to break out the video camera...but I have no idea how to post that to the blog. Emily figured out immediately that they were food, and quickly found her mouth with her hand. Opening the hand to release them took a bit of work though. Michael took a little longer, but he got them in there too. I am sure Sophie's demonstration of what to do with them helped: "Look Emmy, it's food, you put it in your mouth like this, see?" "Mommy, Mikey's dropping them on the floor!"

Once they get proficient with Cheerios, we will work on the sippy cup. Michael hasn't taken a full bottle at any feeding in days. I am not sure if his 2nd tooth coming in is bothering him or what, he is just more interested in flipping over in my lap so he can climb up me, than his bottle. But he is going gangbusters on the solids, so I don't think he will starve anytime soon.

Sophie is in "Girly-Girl" camp at the Y this week, and tomorrow they get to dress like princesses. She and Elizabeth will be wearing their dance costumes, you can only imagine how excited she is.

And I got to go back to my Water Sport class at the Y today, it was great to be back. Even though I am the youngest person in this class by at least 15 years, it was still a workout for me. I really enjoy doing the water classes; it gives me a great workout, but is so much easier on my back. And the best part is going in the whirlpool afterward!

2 comments:

Mike Maier said...

The only solution to Cheerios on the floor is to have a Keska dog waiting to chomp them down. Sometimes I look over and think-- now how many of those did James really eat.
And we are crazy about the sleep sacks-- we still use them every night!

StephB said...

Water classes sound GREAT! So jealous of you.

Mike is right - I don't know how people cope with babies without dogs to eat the mess.