Saturday, June 24, 2006

Summer Camp and other things

Sophie had day camp at her Preschool last week and loved it. I did too, it was from 9-1 every day. I can drop her off and get back home without the twins falling asleep in the car, so I get to enjoy their morning nap at home, without Sophie. That is always a beautiful thing! The camp itself is great, a handful of the regular preschool teachers staff it and make it so much fun. They do Music, Science (the science teacher rocks, she wants all my baby food jars to use during the school year, so far I have given her two full grocery bags) , Movement and Spanish every day, plus tons of crafts. This coming year will be Sophie's last at Mt Zion, but she will be able to do this camp again next summer, before Kindergarten begins.

Sophie also had swim lessons this week. She goes to Miss Marci's house, a local lady who teaches in her backyard pool. We went to her last year, and she was so good with the kids, we decided to do 4 lessons with Noah (of course) to get ready for our trip to the lake. I missed the first lesson, I didn't have a sitter and a 100 degree heat index was too hot for Michael and Emily. Kathleen took Sophie with her, and said she did great. On Thurs., Terry was able to stay home so I could take her myself. I was amazed, she was doing so much more than last year. Face fully in the water, and "swimming" with both arms and legs. Today she and I went to our neighborhood pool for a couple of hours, and she is completely at home in the water. It also helps that she is finally tall enough to stand in the shallow end. Watching her jump into the shallow end by herself, with me watching from the pool deck really made me realize how quickly she is growing up.

In baby news, Emily has been waking up at night because she is cold. And why would she be cold? That would be due to the fact that she moves her little legs so much, she ends up popping open the snaps on her sleeper. 3 nights in a row she was just inconsolable, and when I checked on her, she had both legs out of her pajamas. So, I bought a Sleep Sack yesterday, and it worked like a charm. Cousin James uses one, and I know Mike and Kat really like it. Sophie wanted to know if they made one in her size, she said "It's like a baby sleeping bag, Mommy!"

I have also been busy (at night when kiddos are all asleep) compiling photo albums, I have to admit I am pretty obsessive about that, and it really was getting to me that I had pictures from last August till now that hadn't been organized. They are now all organized, and I have started using the better shots to fill the albums. I am amazed at how small Emily and Michael were!! Thank goodness for photos, that whole first 6 months is really a blur, and looking back on the photos, I remember why!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Sounds like Camp and swimming lessons are lots of fun! It is such a relief when they can finally swim!

StephB said...

I'm glad camp was so much fun! Congratulations on your photo albums - I'm totally jealous of your organization.