Monday, December 18, 2006

Out-takes and other things


I thought I would post some photos of the shots that didn't make it into our Christmas card. Actually, after the photo is over and done with is a great time to get candids. The kids are dressed, and pretty silly after having to sit still for so long. One of my favorite shots of my own family is all 8 (sorry Mike, you hadn't arrived yet) of us on the couch, in our pajamas. In the next picture, we are all in a big heap on the floor. I will have to see if Mom can dig it up, I would love to post it here.

We have been getting into the Christmas spirit. Sophie is done with school till January 8...yes, 3 whole weeks off of school! But it does allow us to do some fun stuff during the day. Today after dance she went to Helen's house to bake cookies with several other girls. I wasn't able to attend, but she told me they had a great time, and even managed to bring some cookies home with her. Tomorrow we are going to Lenox to ride the Pink Pig. This will be our first time taking part in this Atlanta tradition. Terry is able to come with us, so Mike and Emily will be going too. Then on Friday her friend Elizabeth is having a pj party (during the day) for her school friends. It is a drop off party, so I am looking forward to that....it will give me a chance to get some things wrapped.

Terry and I had a date night on Saturday afternoon/evening. We went down to Atlantic station and watched the snow, among other things. I had been to Ikea when it first opened, but none of the other shops had opened at that point. Now everything is open. It is really neat complex, lots of shops and restaurants, a luxury hotel and plenty of apartments and lofts. We did walk from Atlantic Station to Ikea. That was really the only store we shopped in. It is always interesting to check out their kitchens and other room displays. Even if you are not in the market, and we are not, it is good to get new ideas. We had dinner at Copeland's, and I ended up getting a free crab cake when the waiter brought the dinner portion instead of the appetizer portion that I had ordered. It made for a nice lunch the next day.

So that's about it for now from the Goulds.....here are the photos......






6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute! Thanks for the reminder about the Pink Pig. This would be a good year to take Abby as well since she's never been. I am usually reminded about it after it's gone!

Dorothy Gould said...

We didn't actually end up going to the Pink Pig, Kathleen was sick, so we took our kids and Noah to North Point instead, there is more to do there. We hope to get to the Pink Pig next week, I think it is there thru the New Year.

StephB said...

Lovely photos! I admire your fortitude in attempting the Pink Pig!

I'm glad that things are looking up in your house these days. : ) We've been thinking about you.

Dorothy Gould said...

Mare, I think it was a Thanksgiving night shot, on that long couch with the colonial print (think minutemen) that was in the front living room. i must have been about 5 or 6 because I am the youngest one in the photo. Also, it was before Mom gave me the "pixie" cut and I remember that was in 1st grade.

Anonymous said...

Dor, was that the couch Billy handcuffed you to? That picture of Emily trucking along still cracks us up every time-

Dorothy Gould said...

Wow, I have no recollection of the handcuff incident, I must have blocked it out of my mind. But that was probably the couch in the family room, as it had the spindle arms.

I love that pic too, and you should see her walking now. She still holds her arms up like that, but she can make it clear across the room now. From the back she looks like a little old lady full of determination.