Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Happy Birthday.....

to the Cat in the Hat! The 50th anniversary of the book by Theodor Geisel was on Monday. This was a big deal at Sophie's preschool, where each class did different activities to celebrate. Her class decided to wear funny hats to school for the day. Here is a picture of her and Noah leaving for school.

Kathleen told me when they walked into school, hand in hand, a few of the teachers started calling them Thurston Howell and his wife, I think her name was Lovey? Sophie also informed me that if Dr. Seuss was alive today, he would be three one hundred years old. Actually, he would be 103 years old, but she was close.

2 comments:

StephB said...

He called her Lovey, but I don't remember her real name.

Dorothy Gould said...

Mare, You amaze me...did you know that offhand, or was google involved??