Wednesday, March 14, 2007

UnHappy Feet

Do you know what AARP stands for? I thought their membership began at 50, not 40. Nonetheless, I got an application from them yesterday. It went immediately in the trash. Maybe they were listening in last week when I needed to put on my reading glasses to remove a splinter. Or maybe they heard Sophie tell Emily to climb up the stairs, Mommy couldn't carry her because it "makes her back hurt." To top it off I finally went to see the podiatrist this morning. Not only do I have plantar fasciitis in my right foot, but I have heel spurs in both feet, and I am heading toward bunion surgery. Both bunions are mild, but he wants to watch them, and will probably have to do surgery on at least the left foot within the next few years.

So, today I am feeling like my body is failing me. The good news is the podiatrist did say that I could use the eliptical machine at the Y, just not the treadmill. And he showed me how to tape my foot to get some relief. He taped it this morning, and what a difference it has made. He is ordering a night splint, I was fitted for orthotics, and he gave me some exercises to stretch with in the morning. All these things should alleviate the pain. So, enough bitching about me...here are some pictures to put a smile on your face:

Emily is making great progress with using a spoon.....


Although, sometimes it is just more fun to put the whole bowl on your head.



As for Michael, I think he better stick with being a mechanic, fashion does not seem to be his strong suit.


He has taken a liking to this plastic strainer, and other kitchen tools, like the potato masher, so maybe he will end up being a great cook like his Uncle Mike. His mother sure would like that!



2 comments:

Dorothy Gould said...

I don't know, but it sounds like a plan to me!!

StephB said...

Glad to see that we are not alone in the "plate or food on the head" club.

I'm sorry your feet are hurting. Hopefully your gear will help.