Friday, April 13, 2007

Easter

Easter dawned bright and COLD this year; it was colder on Easter than it had been on Christmas Day. Such is life. Just put a long sleeve shirt under your fancy outfit, and you will survive. We had the grandparents over for Easter dinner, and that made the day a lot of fun. Terry and I are lucky that not only do all our parents like each other, but they are always willing to come to our house, so we don't have to pack up and travel. Personally, the day goes much easier for me when my kids have napped at home and are happy to see their grandparents. I used my china for the first time since having Michael and Emily, so I feel like I am really starting to get back in the swing of things. First it was paper plates for any occasion, then regular dishes, now china....life is almost back to normal...or maybe just a bit more manegable! Here are some pictures of the day:










2 comments:

StephB said...

Easter trifle? Next year, I want to go to your house!

We, too, put the turtlenecks on under the dresses - with white cotton sweaters on top.

Dorothy Gould said...

Steph, To get the trifle you have to invite Dotty, she is the trifle queen. This one was layers of pound cake, vanilla pudding, bananas, strawberries, and to Sophie's dismay, pineapple. (that's what she gave up for lent, pineapple). She makes a chocolate one that is even better, with crushed heath bars, chocolate pudding and chocolate cake. My Dad and Terry really wanted that, but Mom and I decided fruit would be better since we are in chocolate overload from the Easter Bunny.