Monday, April 30, 2007

Jersey Girl

I got home last night at 11:30 from my weekend in NJ. I think "fabulous" would be the word to describe the weekend. Peg and Mare, do you agree?? From the Fashion Show at the Stone Harbor Yatch Club, to our night out at the P, we had a lot of laughs, especially the silent type. The Fashion Show was a benefit for the Play with Jack Foundation, which was started in memory of Jack Cremin, who lost his battle with Ewing's Sarcoma 5 years ago. Jack is the oldest brother of my sister in law Pat. He was one of those "larger than life" people, just a wonderful guy who was generous to all, and everyone's friend. His family started the foundation, and through it has been able to raise money to help other families with expenses related to cancer treatment. Pat comes from a large family and it was great to see them all again. On Sunday we went to brunch at her sister Mickey's house, which in on the bay in Avalon. As we sat on the deck enjoying the delicious food and the gorgeous view, Peg commented to me, "Isn't this how you spend all your Sunday mornings?"

It was nice to have a break, I have to say. It was nice to just be myself again, and to remember that I can actually hold an adult conversation when given the opportunity. It was great to sit in the airport and read the latest issue of People magazine and people watch. It didn't even bother me when I had to get a later flight home, as Pat generously gave me a buddy pass to use. That was an excuse for dinner by myself, more reading, and more people watching. But the best part of the weekend was being with my two sisters, with Pat and her sisters, and her friends. Staying out till midnight in a bar, then sitting around and talking about it all the next morning. Leisurely, with nowhere to be and no one needing anything.

Of course, I sure was happy to see my three favorite happy faces this morning. And Terry sure was happy to see me! A big thanks to him as well; I wouldn't have given a thought to going, and he really encouraged me to take the time for myself. Each time I called home he assured me that everything was fine, to just have fun while I was there. I think this could be our new annual girl's weekend. I know I am already looking forward to next year.

Oh, and sorry for not having any pictures, I didn't even want to bring my camera with me, that is how footloose and fancy free I was!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aunt Dor,
Glad you had a "fabulous" time up in New Jersey! I wish I could have been there, but it was our big spring festival at school..and as my Mom said I only have four (five?) years here, and there will be many, many more fashion shows.

I love keeping updated with your blog here. One request though, more pictures of my favorite cousins in Georgia? They are getting so big/old! Hopefully I'll get to see everyone this summer! Hugs and kisses to everyone! --Kelly

Dorothy Gould said...

Kel, Boy did we miss you! Just know that once you graduate, I think you will be called on to model....be forewarned! It was so fun to be with the Cremins, you know how they like to have a good time! Sophie misses you, and told me the other day that she had a great idea, just Aunt Pat and Kel should come for a visit this summer, and leave those boys at home. Ha, Ha. You know you are welcome anytime you can get away. Enjoy living down there this summer, I know you will have lots of fun. Will download and post more pics tonight...love, Aunt Dor

StephB said...

Yay, good for you Dorothy! I'm glad you had a good weekend.