Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Super Stool

I was half joking when I mentioned to my father that it would be nice to have a stool for the bathroom that is twice as long, so both Michael and Emily could stand on it together. A few days later he called and asked me for measurements, and tonight, he brought this over.


Not only practical, but a well made work of art as well. And signed and dated by the craftsman to boot.


Here they are giving it a test run. They loved being able to get to the sink. I have tried to use the stool we have, but neither one wants to wait their turn, so I gave up. This stool solves that problem. Right after these pictures were taken, they brushed their teeth together. This will definitely help in our quest to be out the door at 9am on school mornings.



Thanks Dad, I know the kids will enjoy this for years to come. And thanks to Mom as well, the creamed chicken was delicious. As we were eating, she reminded me that creamed chicken was the dish Michael always chose for his birthday dinner. Bill's was Shrimp Cantonese and mine was Chicken Continental when I was younger, but now is Mom's pork roast with sauerkraut, mashed potatoes and gravy. Yum, makes my bday in 2 months almost something to look forward to! Anyone else remember their birthday dinner?

8 comments:

Frank said...

I hope I'm as productive into older age as Grandpa is. Please don't mention homemade dishes in your blog anymore, I have hit the wall with Chinese food, and the only appetizing western establishments are insanely expensive or Subway.

Dorothy Gould said...

Frank, Swing on thru Atlanta on your way home, I am sure between my house and Grandma's, we can fill you up! I agree with you about being productive into older age, I think it keeps one young.

StephB said...

We didn't get to pick the birthday dinner when we were kids, but now it's always an old fave like porcupines or chimichangas. : )

Anonymous said...

Nice stool, we are at the other end where we could use higher sinks. I always went w Swedish meatballs, chocolate cake with real icing.

Tom Jr.

Dorothy Gould said...

Tom, I think the icing you refer to would be the (in)famous swedish icing. Does swedish really mean fattening? I made it myself for Sophie's first bday cake, and the amt of Crisco is uses is not for the faint of heart. But, oh so good. I hear you on the higher sinks, I would love my own sink to be about 6 inches higher. Maybe when my ship comes in....

Dorothy Gould said...

Steph, What are porcupines? Besides the little varmint with many needles.

StephB said...

Meatballs with rice in them, simmered in a tomato-y sauce. Very 1970s.

No one else was as excited about that pick as I was. They were awesome, though, just like I remembered.

Bill Maier said...

Yes - Shrimp Cantonese!!

I still remember having Mike Murray over for Swedish Meatballs!