Friday, September 14, 2007

Paula to the rescue

Last Thursday night at bedtime, Sophie informed me that tomorrow was Crazy Hat or Hair day. She didn't know why, but that was what they said at school, Mommy. There was no information in her folder, so I called the room mom to see if I could get the real story. Her daughter hadn't mentioned it to her, so she called her neighbor who has a 3rd grader, then called me back. Yes, they were allowed to either do their hair crazy, or wear a funny hat if they paid a dollar. The money was for a charity, don't know what charity it was, the 3rd grader didn't get that piece of information.

Sophie had told me she just wanted to wear a hat, nothing crazy with her hair please. I came up with a beachy hat decorated with bows, an Uncle Sam hat from Halloween, and the birthday hat from Katie's 4th bday party, embellished by Paula. Sophie was so enamored with this hat, it had survived an entire year. The next morning, I gave her the 3 choices.

She liked the beachy hat, but it was a bit big, plus hard to fit in her backpack. The Uncle Sam hat was also too big.

Katie's birthday hat worked great, crazy enough, but not TOO crazy, comfortable, and small enough to fit in the backpack. BTW, that is her new favorite breakfast: bread and butter sandwich with cinnamon. Thank you Grandma Maier.

Michael and Emily had a great time playing with the rejects later on that morning.



So we have survived our first incident of "oh by the way, I need this in the morning"..I am sure there will be more to follow!

PS. I just made this font larger...too big? Or better? I was straining a bit to read it myself, I really need to get reading glasses.

7 comments:

GrandmaMaier said...

Your Mother loves the new font....Hats have a certain thing for young children, boy or girl. I remember what a time I had convincing Larry - no hat at mealtime. Sophie, wise choice for the Friday charity.

StephB said...

The font is easier on my eyes too. But, I'm bad in the sight dept.

Love the hats!

Anonymous said...

Dor, I feel ready for the school year. I have FIVE sheets of poster board ready for the last minute project! Mary

Anonymous said...

I thought the issue with Larry was not to eat while constantly checking the time...

Dorothy Gould said...

and to not hold onto his milk glass during meals. boy, we had some issues growing up, didn't we? so glad we all turned out so well......ha, ha!

Bill Maier said...

and i need this signed.... and ineed $6.40 for this ......and I have to go in early for student council tomorrow.

uh - anything else??

It only gets better from here.

of course you'll have this doubled with the twins!!

Elizabeth said...

At least it wasn't 45 cupcakes by morning!

LOVED the hats!