Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Potty Talk

This post won't be of interest for those of you who are done with diapers. God love you, I hope to join you soon. I, however, am still knee deep in diapers. Between Michael and Emily, I change someone's diaper about 10-12 times a day. My motivation to get them trained is huge, from not only a cost standpoint, but I am just so tired of changing diapers; so over it.

Emily is making great progress, today she asked her teacher at school to take her to the potty, sat and did her business without a problem. YAY Emmy! I would say she is 90 percent trained for poop, and about 15 percent on tinkle. (sorry about the potty talk, it's just the terms we use in our house, so I am used to hearing these words, over and over, every day). I think I may have to show her the cool fairy panties Aunt Mary got her, and see if that sparks an interest in staying dry as well.

Michael is now beginning to show some interest, and I think this is coming about because he sees what his sister is doing, and doesn't want to be left out. He sits, we read, he jumps up and says "yay, Mi-kel do it", when he has done nothing. That's ok, I will sit with him whenever he wants, one of those times it might just happen. Tonight I learned that he may really know what he is talking about. Terry was with us tonight for dinner and bath, and in less than 45 minutes had changed Michael twice, both huge messes. So when I put him and Emily in the bathtub and he kind of squatted and told me "poop on potty", I didn't believe it. I turned to get the towel, and Emily started shrieking, I thought he had bit her. When I turned back around, the tub was full, and I mean full, of poop. Poor Emily was trying to stand up and get away, while Michael just looked up and said, "Mi-kel poop, Mommy".

Guess I'll start believing him now.

2 comments:

StephB said...

Oh, my. Michael sounds like he is really coming along if he told you he wanted to sit on the potty!

Sorry about the poopy mess.

We are very jealous of your interest because Dagny is not there yet. We visit the Hello Kitty panties every time we go to Target, though, just in case.

Anonymous said...

I remember the days of floaters in the tub....

Mary