Friday, December 12, 2008

Remiss

I haven't updated in awhile. Not that there's not been a lot going on, let's see, the kids all had their yearly checkups, I got the shingles, Sophie is being tested for Target, Terry spent 5 hours putting up our outside lights. See, all sorts of exciting things going on here in Gouldie-land!


The main reason I haven't updated is that my wonderful brother Mike suggested I join Facebook. As my nephew Frank wrote in a welcome comment to me,
"Welcome to the time waster known as Facebook, Aunt Dor." Oh, how right you were Francis! But there's something so satisfying, or let's be honest and call it what it is: sheer curiosity, about seeing old friends (Jeannie Buddenbohn anyone!) that you haven't seen in years, and by years I mean some of these people I lost touch with after 8th grade. Almost 30 years ago. Yikes.


So, in case you forgot what they look like, here's a picture of Michael and Emily that their teacher sent me today. As they informed me when I came to the door to pick them up, they were playing "Plincess". Michael loves a good plincess costume!

We brought our tree home tonight as well, so hopefully I will get some pics of the decorating, which is sure to be an event posted this weekend. Remember, only 13 days to go!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Weren't the Buddenbohn's the ones with the ferocious dog Dorsey who used to terrorize our dog Lucy?

Mary

Dorothy Gould said...

No, I think that may have been the Fuch's, who lived next to the Budds and alongside the Murrays. Jeannie was my best/worst friend from 1st-8th grade. We used to walk to school together, were in Scouts together, etc. We either loved or hated each other. One time I pushed her off the school bus steps, bad child that I was! They had a pool in their backyard, plus she swam year round. After HS she went to DePaul. We lost touch after that, she ran with a different crowd....you know, the kind that come from $$$....she and her family lived on West Parkway, #60 to be exact. Funny the things you remember!

GrandmaMaier said...

The one thing I remember about Jennie's Dad. He was not too happy about children and airplanes. He did a lot of traveling and had some not too good experiences. The things one remembers.....

Dorothy Gould said...

Stanton and Elaine, those were her parents, I remember them well. I thought it was odd that they always used outdoor lights, the big bulbs that we had on our house, on their inside Christmas tree!

StephB said...

It makes me feel better that your kids are happier at home too. I can't remember how old Annika was when she stopped being a terror in Mass but I keep hoping that it's time for Dagny. She wants to go b/c Annika is going, but once we are there, it's too much.