Friday, April 10, 2009

True Confessions of a 7 year old

Today Noah and Samuel were over for a few hours while Kathleen looked at houses. At one point the older ones were at the kitchen table making books about super heroes. This was a very involved process, and they worked on it for about 2 hours. During this marathon of drawing, writing and stapling, Sophie out of nowhere says, "Noah, I have to tell you something." Noah looks up from his drawing and she goes on to say, "I still like the Wiggles, I watch them every night with Michael and Emily." There is a pause and then Noah says, "That's ok Sophie, I still like the Backyardagins."

I love that about their friendship, Noah brings out so much good in Sophie. I see such a different side of her when they play together, just pure and innocent fun. Who else would she be content to sit and draw and color with for hours? And work on a super hero book, no less. No girl drama either, such a nice change.

Today was the last day of Spring Break, and really, the weather has not been springlike at all; rainy and chilly mostly. (and don't get me started on the "break" part of that term) Yesterday was the best day of the week, sunny and about 70 for the high. Terry took the day off and we took the kids to Zoo Atlanta. So did every other parent in the metro area. Despite the crowds, we had a great time. Michael and Emily really got into it, and were excited to see the animals. We have a family membership, so we got to ride the carousel and the train as many times as we wanted. I set the limit on 2 for each, no need to get greedy...or stand in line any longer than necessary. Here are pics of the day.....

Enjoying a pretzel on the lion statue, Dad in the background.

Best seat in the house!

I didn't notice this little boy when I took this picture, but I love the way he is gazing at Sophie.

In the giant bird nest

Emily was fearless in the petting zoo.

Sophie posing on the carousel. Notice Mike's grip on me, he never let go.

Enjoying the playground

Climber

Sophie making new friends.

No comments: