Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Back in Business!

I haven't posted since July, just pitiful.  And when I did come back to finally post, about a week ago, Blogger locked me out, b/c I couldn't remember my password.  Even more pitiful. 


Anyway, a lot to catch up on, but for today, just a few photos of Soph from last nights marvelous birthday dinner.   



Sophie starts opening her gift, which is wrapped in a shoebox from Terry's last new pair of sneakers.  It didn't occur to me that she would assume that's what her gift was, but she did.  The look on her face was priceless.  She looked at me and slowly said, "Sneakers....my gift is sneakers?  Really?"  She was trying so hard to be happy about that, but still incredulous that this was what we would get her. 

Of course Terry and I had to run with it.  He immediately said, "Well, you needed a new pair, didn't you?"  I chimed in, "Times are tough, I think new sneakers will be very useful."  She got quiet and kept on tearing the paper, and lo and behold....
 

Wii Mario Kart!  Just what she wanted, imagine that!  We all had fun playing that last night, and we also played tonight after the kids were in bed.  Think I'm getting better.  

A very happy birthday to my one of a kind daughter.  I am so glad I have had these nine years with you, and look forward to seeing you grow and change in this year to come.  Can't imagine what the future holds for you! 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, Dor, the look on her face in the last photo is priceless!

Dorothy Gould said...

Deb, it was hilarious seeing her struggle with the disappointment of thinking her gift really was new sneakers. I didn't plan it, but I don't think a little disappointment is a bad thing, esp when the outcome is good.

Unknown said...

btw, also kudos to her for attempting to be polite about it! All in all, a wonderful life learning/growing lesson with a happy ending. She's a sweetie.