Sunday, February 12, 2006

Curious George

We had a great time at Curious George. Sophie was just enthralled with the big screen, the huge chairs, the drink holder....you name it, she loved it. The movie was great too, not scary, the kids could follow the story line, and the music wasn't sicky sweet. Two cute things that happened....While Kathleen was out getting the popcorn and drinks, I sat in the theatre with Noah and Sophie. We were early, so there was plenty of time for them to chat, which is always hilarious. At one point Sophie leaned over and said to him, "Noah, you know what? When we are growned, I'm going to married you." To which Noah replied, "Oh, I knew that." Must be nice to have your husband all picked out and agreeable at 4.

2nd cute thing....There was one part of the movie that a bit sad, but nothing compared to Bambi losing his mother. I heard some sniffing and when I looked down at Sophie, she had tears in her eyes which she was wiping away. I tried to comfort her and asked if she wanted to sit in my lap. She wanted none of this, just wanted to be left alone. So, she is a sensitive one....wonder where that comes from? Maybe from her mother who used to cry at every episode of Little House on the Prarie? It's nice to know the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

It is SO nice when you can take them to the movies and they will actually sit through it. How precious that she cried. I don't think my kids have ever cried in a movie - they must have gotten that from Jody. I cry at Kleenex commercials.

GrandmaMaier said...

So glad you all enjoyed the movie -listening to small children talk - you never know what they will say or will be thinking - a good thing. I always cry at movies - you can blame grandma.

Mike Maier said...

You know I'm a cryer! Noah and Soph are so funny together.
Is there still snow???