Monday, July 03, 2006

Summer Ears

Well, it was a worthwhile trip to the pediatrician this afternoon. Sophie had no fever when we got there....why does that always happen? But as soon as Dr. Leonard looked in her right ear, she exclaimed" Yikes, Mom take a peek in here!" (I actually do like it when they let me look through the otoscope, it is pretty cool to see all the way to the eardrum.) She has a case of swimmer's ear, which we are very familiar with; last summer she had it so much we had to get custom earplugs made for her to wear while swimming or bathing. This is her first case this summer, so we are doing much better. They also did a throat culture for Strep, and that came back negative. Sophie's worst fear was that she would have to miss the parade and/or fireworks tomorrow, but we will be able to go to both as planned.

When being taken back to the exam room, the nurse stopped at the scale to weigh her. There is a measuring gauge there as well, but she didn't measure her. On our way out, Sophie ran ahead of me to it and said, "Mommy, can you weigh my head now?" I was a bit confused until I realized she was standing against the gauge, and wanted me to lower the level down to her head to see how tall she was. I guess when you are 4 1/2, that is getting your head weighed. For the record, she weighs 40 lbs., and is 45 inches tall.

1 comment:

StephB said...

I'm glad Sophie is feeling better and it was just a little swimmer's ear! Happy fireworks and parade!