Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Back to School

Today was Sophie's first day back to Preschool. This year she is in a 4 day 4 year old class, she goes Tues thru Friday. There isn't really much to report, she posed with the sign I had made, which is a yearly tradition. (Sorry, no pics till next week) She was very happy to run into her room, find a seat next to Noah, and begin playing with Play Doh. She is pretty much a preschool pro at this point, on the way there she asked me if she could stay for Lunch Bunch, and seemed disappointed when I told her it didn't start for another two weeks.

Here is her after school synopsis: I got purple Play Doh, just like Noah. We didn't have music or movement today Mom, just regular school. Maybe tomorrow we will have them. Noah was line leader today and got to do the weather map and the calendar, and I was NOT HAPPY about that! (this was said with much agitation) I told Noah I wanted to be line leader, and he told me No, it wasn't my turn. (good for Noah!)

I reminded her that Friday was her turn to bring snack, and be line leader, and bring show and tell. Plus, it will be September 1st, so she will get to change the calendar, how cool is that? Apparently, that is not as cool as bringing snack on the first day...oh well, that is what happens when your last name doesn't begin with an "A"!

2 comments:

StephB said...

What could be more fun than purple play doh and being the line leader?

The play doh alone would have made Annika's day. : )

Glad that Noah is in Sophie's class. Wooo hoo for school!

Dorothy Gould said...

I couldn't agree more, and our preschool director summed it up when she told a story about her youngest going off to kindergarten. One of the other mothers asked her if she would cry and Meg responded: "Only if the bus is late!" I thought that was a classic.