Sunday, August 06, 2006

Lake House

We returned home from the lake yesterday; a great time was had by all. We mostly spent our time on the dock, watching the kids jump off the top railing. As Tom noted, only he and I did not attempt the jump. I have never liked heights, and just looking down at the water from 15 feet made me queasy, never mind actually sailing through the air then hitting the water.

It was so nice to have family there at the same time. My kids especially enjoyed the attention. Sophie got to stay up way later than normal, I think 9 pm one night. During the day one of her cousins was always available to take her to the dock to swim. And I had lots of help with the babies as well. We brought a baby pool for them, and they loved being in it. I forgot the swim diapers, but as my mother said, "It's your pool, who needs a swim diaper?" They loved the freedom, plus 30 minutes in the pool guaranteed a 2 hour nap, time enough for me to enjoy some time on the dock myself.

But now we are home, and back to reality. A big thanks to all my family for all their help and support this past week. I could never have made the trip without you. Pictures will follow, I just dropped off 4 rolls today.

4 comments:

StephB said...

Sounds like a great trip!

Sharon said...

Sounds fun. Did Sophie really do the 15 foot jump? I'm impressed!

Dorothy Gould said...

Goodness no! I forgot to say that all her cousins that were with us were ages 10-20, she was the only little one. She did ask me several times if she could jump, but no way could I let her. That would have been as bad as jumping myself!

Mike Maier said...

Dor- welcome back- can't wait to see more photos!
Mike