Wednesday, May 02, 2007

What I Learned Today

That even though it might buy you 10-20 extra minutes of shopping, it really isn't a good idea to let your 18 month old play with your keys. The 20 minutes you spend searching for them when she says "Uh-Oh" and you realize they are gone more than cancels that time out. Plus the sweat factor when you realize that is your ONLY set, and your husband is on Lake Lanier fishing with your father.

Lucky for me, some nice shopper found them and turned them in before I could even backtrack thru the store. But not before I removed both of them from the stroller, searched through every nook and cranny of the stroller, their outfits, the diaper bag and my purse. Lesson learned!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That reminds me of the commercial where the little one flushes the keys down the toilet....glad it turned out ok!!! Joan

StephB said...

I'm so sorry - that is a horrible moment! I'm glad the other shopper found your keys.

liotma said...

we've all been there at one point or another...

Sharon said...

This is one of those momemts that you will laugh about in the future, but didn't seem the least bit funny at the time. Live and learn...