Monday, December 03, 2007

Surviving Santa

I had some returns to make last Friday at North Point Mall. I knew Santa was there, but wasn't sure how the line would be, or if I really wanted to do the picture without Sophie. I did dress them festively (is that a word?) in case the opportunity for a photo presented itself. Michael had woken Emily up that morning at 5am, and they were cranky. The car ride put them to sleep, and since I had a magazine handy we hung out in the car for about 30 minutes while they napped.

Our returns and subsequent shopping went well, as did a quick stop in the food court for lunch. After that we went to the play structure, conveniently located right behind Santa. They played while I kept an eye on the line. When it was only 4 people long, we made our move. They were in a great mood, so I was curious to see how they would do. Here they are, awaiting their turn:

When it was our turn, Michael commenced frowning and refused to even look at Santa. He did climb up in his lap and sat for the picture, although he never made eye contact. Emily wanted nothing to do with him, same as Sophie when she was that age. After I pried her arms from around my neck, and convinced her to sit on his knee, the photographer got her to smile. Here's what we ended up with:


One day they'll thank me, you think?

3 comments:

Mike Maier said...

LOVE it!

Peg Odenthal said...

Dor, i keep an extra mag in my van also, but B NEVER napped in car! Love the frown on micheal's face, at least they're not screaming .. Love, Peg

StephB said...

Hilarious! Dagny was entralled with Santa but didn't want to touch him and certainly wasn't going anywhere near the lap. : ) Good job on your photo!