Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Picture Perfect

What a morning! I have been trying to have a professional photo take of the twins for 3 months now, and something always comes up. Finally, the stars aligned, Terry has this week off before starting his new job, and the babies were both free of colds. Sophie was included as well, so we had several different poses, Sophie alone, Michael alone, Emily alone, then all 3 together. Sophie went first, as Emily fell asleep as soon as we arrived. While I went in the studio with Sophie, Terry fed Michael, who had napped in the car but woke up screaming to eat....who knew, he had a bottle just 90 minutes before. Sophie was a pro, which was nice, given the fact that I hadn't had her picture taken since she was 2 1/2! Then it was Emily's turn, so Michael wouldn't spit up all over after just being fed. Emily did great as well, she was refreshed and happy from her nap, and even managed to sit up in the little wicker chair. Michael was next, and he was not as easy as his sisters. I had to hold him in the chair from behind, and even then he was pretty slouchy. We did manage to get some good shots, though. Then the final shot, with all three of them. By this point Emily was getting hungry, so time was of the essence. Sophie couldn't understand why she had to be in the back, her legs hurt, she was tired, etc., etc. At this point I knew Terry was at his limit as well, I think the photographer sensed that as well. She made it quick and we did manage to get one decent group shot. From start to finish, it took 90 minutes.

All this gives me so much more respect and admiration for my parents. Every Thanksgiving night we had our family Christmas picture taken. Either it was a neighbor coming in to take it, or Dad used the self timer. Given that there are 9 children, plus my parents, this was no small feat. And if anyone was missing, like when Larry was in the Navy, Mom propped up a photo of them on the side table, so it would be seen as well.

Now both Michael and Emily are taking a nap, and Sophie is helping Terry plant impatiens. I am off to the laundry room, my home office!

2 comments:

StephB said...

Congratulations on your photo accomplishment. I've not managed to get Dagny anywhere yet. Can you recommend the place that you went?

Dorothy Gould said...

I would reccomend it highly, it was the photo studio at Wolf Camera. We use the J Ferry and Lower Roswell Rd location. Unfortunately, they are closing the studio down on May 1, due to issues from when they merged with Ritz Camera, I got all this from the photographer. I know friends who have had good luck with JC Penney at Northpoint. I may try the SuperTarget in Rswell for next time.