Monday, May 08, 2006

Happy Belated Easter

I am just now getting around to posting the pictures from Easter. We had a nice day, very laid back. We decided to go to the latest Mass possible, which is the 12:15. We figured that would give us enough time to get everyone dressed, fed, napped, fed again, etc. before we ventured out. We normally go to the 10:45, and that is a challenge on a regular Sunday, never mind the "reunion of all Catholics and Christians" as our pastor calls Easter Sunday. The morning went smoothly, all 3 children were cooperative, and we were at church at 11:45, plenty of time to get seats. As we sat down and I glanced at the song sheet the usher had handed me, I realized that the songs were in both English and Spanish. That is because the 12:15 is the Hispanic Mass, who knew?? It turned out to be a great Mass, not at all crowded, and very upbeat. The music was festive, and a bit different from what Sophie is used to. At one point when it started up, she looked up at me from her coloring book and said in that voice kids reserve for church only:"TOO LOUD!" With that she put her hands to her ears and turned her hearing aids off. I was floored, she has never done that before. I did convince her to quickly turn them back on, as she speaks very loudly when they are off.

Mom and Dad came over for dinner later that afternoon. The Easter bunny brought Sophie a big girl bike, here is a shot of her riding it. She is pretty good on the front walk, our street is way too hilly to try out there yet.


Also, a shot of Grandma reading Sophie the Beatrix Potter Peter Rabbit book. I know that is supposed to be wonderful children's literature, but some of her stories are a bit odd. However, Sophie loves it, and amazingly enough, listens with rapt attention.


Here are Grandpa Maier and Emily enjoying appetizers.....I love the look on her face.
And since Michael was feeling very un-photogenic on Easter Day, here he is a few days before, enjoying his first time in Sophie's old baby swing. Nice look that he is giving big sis.
Last but not least, I am pretty proud of myself. I have finally figured out how to get the photos where I want them in my postings!

4 comments:

StephB said...

Great photos - I'm very impressed with the coordinating Easter outfits! I'm not that on the ball.

Dorothy Gould said...

I have to say, I was excited about the prospect of co-ordinating outfits, just the geek in me coming out, I guess!

GrandmaMaier said...

Now you are really way ahead of your Mother. Great pictures and so many. I will have to try the Spanish Mass.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dor!
Really nice pictures, especially with the grandparents. Wouldn't it be nice if we could all turn off our hearing when it suits us? Of course, we might miss something important that way. I guess Emily & Michael will be in school before they meet their Uncle Larry & me.