Thursday, May 11, 2006

Wash and Wear

I remember from Sophie how my wardrobe changed when I became a mother. In the infant days, you are always getting something on you...spit up, drool, baby food, etc. Even though I try to keep a cloth diaper over my shoulder when we are in the thick of feeding, most of my shirts now sport the tell tale baby stain on the right shoulder. It is really crazy right now, both Michael and Emily have colds, plus they are teething, and the drool factor is through the roof. When Emily got up this morning, she could barely breathe through her nose for all the build-up from the night before. (And yes, Mike, I did pick it off when I was feeding her, it is a golden opportunity!)

Sophie has even become a pro at it; today she came to me in search of a cloth diaper. When I asked her why she wanted one, she very nonchalantly said "Emily was on her tummy and she rolled back over, now she has gook all over her nose, I need to wipe it off." That's my girl!

No comments: