Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Under the Sea

Yesterday was our trip to the Aquarium . We figured it would be less crowded now, than when big school gets out. We had 4 moms, 4 four year olds, 2 two and a half year olds, and one 20 mth old. Pretty manageable by our standards. The trip started off a bit rocky, as poor Josh got a bit carsick. He did rally nicely, although he didn't get to keep on his matching yellow shirt like the rest of the kids.

It was not as crowded as Rebekah and Paula had seen it in past visits, but it was still pretty crazy. The kids were really good at holding hands, and the yellow shirts Paula got for them at Michael's really did help, they were so easy to spot. Maybe it was the constant surveilance of the kids, or just the crowd, but I have to say I wasn't as wowed as I thought I would be. Many of the viewing windows were smaller than I had thought, and it was hard for the kids to wait until the crowd abated so they could be up front to actually see in. There were several viewing areas that were huge, and those were amazing. Rebekah had a great idea; a late afternoon trip with just your hubby for a date night.

For those of you who plan on going with kids, they have a "no outside food" rule, which I think is totally ridiculous. We all packed sandwiches and snacks for the kids, why would you want to pay for food they won't eat? No one had a problem getting in with it except Kathleen. Apparently she picked the wrong security line; the agent confiscated all her snacks, but she insisted on keeping Samuel's sippy cup. For goodness sakes, he is 20 ms old!

In other news, I went to the Y to work out today for the first time in 14 ms!! I was unable to exercise my whole pregnancy, and the twins had to be 6 ms before they could stay in the nursery. They did great, no tears at all. I managed to do 30 minutes on the eliptical machine, plus some weight machines. It felt great to be back, and hopefully we can get a routine going. Getting there was a little hectic, it only took me 2 hours to get everyone and everything ready to go....that in itself is a workout!

1 comment:

StephB said...

Thanks for the info on the aquarium - I had no idea that you couldn't take food in. Good for you on your Y visit!