Monday, January 15, 2007

Mother really does know best

I received a digital camera for Christmas, had fun taking pictures, then spent about 2 hours trying to figure out how to download them. Even though I did everything the owner's manual suggested, I was unsuccessful. Yesterday my parents came over to celebrate Terry's birthday. My mother, who has used a digital camera for a while now, decided to have a go. After showing her everything I had tried, she agreed the software was not working correctly. I ran downstairs to rescue dinner while she continued to fiddle with it. A few minutes later, she was victorious. Apparently, the USB cord does not go in the receptacle marked as such, but in another spot on the tower. Who knew? So, better late than never, here are some photos from Dad's 80th birthday.


Dad has always decorated the birthday cakes in our family, and his own birthday was no exception.




Turning 80 gets you a greeting from the prez.....As Sophie said, "Look Mommy, there's Grandma's favorite president!"



Sophie and Grandma, getting ready to dive into the orange cake.

Here's Michael with some cake on his mouth, plus a nice close up of his first shiner. Actually, by the next day, it had totally faded. But for Grandpa's party, he looked like a real thug!

3 comments:

Mike Maier said...

Nice cake, as always. Props to Dottie for the tech savvy.

Dorothy Gould said...

Peg, I honestly have to say I don't know. And that is what happens when you have 3 kids! It must not have been too traumatic, b/c I don't remember him bringing it to my attention when it happened. I am sure it is only the first of many, as he is quite a climber.

Dorothy Gould said...
This comment has been removed by the author.