Sunday, May 20, 2007

Please don't report us to DFACS

I just have to warn you that the following pictures are of a graphic nature, and only appropriate for mature audiences. And please keep in mind the injuries look worse than they actually are.

So, having said all that....it has been a rough week for our little ones. On Wednesday night, Emily took a dive in the bathtub, and got a lovely shiner. We had all three in together, Terry had just taken Michael out, and I was telling Emily for the 100th time to sit down. I was even holding her by the arm but she managed to fall forward. She hit the side of tub, and it swelled instantly. Here she is yesterday in all her glory, at the park with Aunt Peg.


While at the park yesterday, Michael took a tumble of his own. He and my friend Alice were exploring, and he was having fun scrambling up and down a small mound of wood chips. She said when he fell, he got right back up and didn't even make a peep. It didn't look bad at the park, but when he woke up from his nap later that afternoon, he looked like he had been in the boxing ring.


He looks much better today, and it hasn't slowed him down at all. We did put them in the nursery at Church this morning, and I felt compelled to tell the ladies there what had happened to each of them. Just in case they were wondering......

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! Make sure you get a photo of them together! I'd do a photoshoot with some kiddie boxing gloves and really do it up right! Maybe a couple of t-shirts that say "You should see the other guy!"

Glad to hear they are okay - it's amazing that children survive their childhood!

Commentingly yours,
Debbie

Dorothy Gould said...

Deb, Thanks for the comment, I appreciate it! Know I was a bit obnoxious about my lack of comments on Friday night....but hey, it seems to have worked! dor

Anonymous said...

DAR, BRAD WAS ABOUT THAT AGE WHEN HE BROKE HIS LEG GOING DOWN THE SLIDE WITH MOMMY DEAREST!!! SOMEHOW THEY ALL SEEM TO SURVIVE...SIGN MOMMY DEAREST

Dorothy Gould said...

Pat, I remember Brad's year of casts. Let's hope bruises are all we end up with!

StephB said...

Oh my! Those are some good injuries!

Dagny is sporting a lovely scrape and bump on her head right now too - the result of a slide incident. It must be in the air.

Sharon said...

This won't be the last time that they both have nasty bruises or scrapes at the same time. I always explain, too.