Friday, October 19, 2007

This and That

Just a post about what's been going on this week....... Terry told Sophie he could take her tooth out before she could count to three, and she let him. I was at Target (with just Michael, what a treat!) and they called to tell me the big news. She does have the gap now, and is lisping, which is very cute. Here she is with another letter from the Tooth Fairy.

Michael and Emily seem to be growing and changing every day. We are starting out slowly on potty training, which means we have the potties out, and the seats on the regular toilets. It seems that after nap is their most successful time. Emily has managed to do both kinds of her business then. Michael likes to sit down, then hop right back up saying, "all done". But yesterday he sat for a few minutes, and before bath asked to be put on the big toilet. No success yet, but at least he is getting the message. I cannot tell you how motivated I am to be done with diapers. But I did learn a valuable lesson: Don't leave them bare bottomed and unattended for even 30 seconds while you run the laundry downstairs. You will find presents when you come back up. Michael even managed to walk through his; I threw away the socks he was wearing.

Here they are doing some after-breakfast reading. It was awfully quiet in the family room, and when I peeked in, I saw they had climbed on the table to read. Since they were so engrossed, I didn't have the heart to make them get down.

I had the pleasure of having brunch with some longtime friends one morning this week when everyone was in school. I met up with Kathleen, Carol and Laura at Flavors in Sandy Springs. Awesome food, and Joan, you were right, the egg white omlette was really good. I have been friends with these girls since I came back from college to Atlanta, almost 20 years ago. We have been through singledom, marriage and kids together. And now they are on the cusp of parenting teenagers; it was interesing (and sometimes scary) to hear what I have to look forward to. We don't have the chance to see each other often, but when we do, it is like old times. There is comfort in friends like that.

Tomorrow Aunt Karen and Uncle Jack will take Sophie to The Center for Puppetry Arts. They did this last year, and all three of them enjoyed it. Terry and I have a substantial "to do" list for naptime. I am hoping to make some headway on all the little things that are hard to get done with little ones around.

Ok, enough blogging, better go see why M and Em are still asleep.....

1 comment:

StephB said...

Funny how the sweetness of the nap is tempered with "I better check to make sure nothing is wrong!"

Congratulations Sophie on your tooth.