Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Smiles after bath

Mom posted some pictures of us on her blog, and as she noted Michael really does smile. What is it about seeing yourself on film, or in this case, in pixels, that makes you think: Is that what I really look like? I took these last night after bath. Kathleen had given me these pj's for Michael and Emily at my baby shower. I think she chose them well, considering she didn't know their genders at the time. Sophie took the photo of me with Michael, I thought she did a great job. Emily is down to this one last pacifier, it is actually a preemie size from the NICU. She only uses it at nap and bedtime, so hopefully, weaning from it won't be that traumatic.




5 comments:

Mike Maier said...

you guys look so fresh and clean! Great photo Soph...
aunt kat

Mike Maier said...

Dor, the twins are huge! How did you cut Mike's hair?
Mike

Dorothy Gould said...

Hey Mike and Kat, There is nothing like the smell of freshly bathed kids, it always makes me want to take a bath as well!

I cannot take credit for Mike's hair, it was our barber Stuart all the way. I was the mere lap and arms he struggled in the entire haircut. We were both full of snot, tears, hair and lollipop when it was over. This was the first time Stuart used the clippers all over his head, and that was 3 weeks ago, it was really short at first. They are getting big, aren't they? My arm actually hurts now when I carry Emily, all of a sudden she is packing it on.

StephB said...

Lovely photos : )

Anonymous said...

That is so funny that Em is still going with her preemie pacifier, can't imagine how big it looked on her face when she was a newborn! Mary