Saturday, May 24, 2008

Dancing Queen

Sophie's recital was last Sunday. It was very cute, and this year was the first year they were really together. As she reminded me, Miss Kelly was not in the wings doing the dance with them, she was in the audience and they had to remember all the steps themselves. It was a later performance, we didn't get home till almost 9, and on a school night. I didn't invite any family, but Noah did come with us. He enjoyed seeing not only Sophie, but also Elizabeth and Leanne, two other friends from preschool.


There was a lot of talk before the recital about how next year she didn't want to do dance, but wanted to take karate instead, which was fine with me. However, in the car coming home she declared, "I can't wait till dance starts again, I just love being on stage!" She has the personality for it, a total ham up there. So, we'll see. A few of her friends are moving on to the more serious dance studio, but I know that's not for us. I can't deal with having to put her hair in a bun for dance practice every week, that would be painful for both of us!

No comments: