Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Third Bird

Blogger has been giving me problems for three days now, the previous post I started on Monday. I finally realized that I would have to re-do the entire thing. Luckily I was able to cut and paste, so it didn't take too long.

But, now that we are back, I wanted to share this photo. The third egg hatched, and the birds are 1 and 2 days old in this photo. Sophie and Noah named them Charlie, Ned and Joey.



We are having some discussion over what kind of birds they are. Terry says he saw a female cardinal leaving the nest, but my other sources tell me these were wren eggs. It is hard to catch the mother on the nest, so I will have to keep observing the babies and see if I can tell as they mature. And, speaking of things in the wild, if you haven't done so yet, check out my brother Tom's big catch. An amazing fish for a very tenacious fisherman!

No comments: