Thursday, June 19, 2008

Two Birds in the Bush

I have been checking our wren's nest daily, feeling guilty as I do because it upsets the mother bird so much. She flies away and perches in a nearby tree, making all sorts of disapproving sounds. I do make the visit quick and today was rewarded with this amazing sight.

There is still one egg remaining, we will have to keep an eye on it and see if it hatches as well. It was really neat to see these tiny creatures, they look almost prehistoric. It gave me a flashback to my own children's births, especially the last two. Their tiny proportions and helplessness so reminded me of Michael and Emily.

However, there is nothing tiny or helpless about either one of them now. Their newest trick is taking off their diapers in the morning or after nap, before I come to get them up. This morning I woke up to hear Emily telling Michael, "No take your diaper off!" When I got into the room, he looked at me guiltily, then showed me his dirty feet. He had not only taken the diaper off, but strewn it's contents all over the sheet and walked in it. I am considering duct tape.....

4 comments:

sharon said...

fabulous pictures!!!

I'll add duct tape to my list of teaching supplies. No child's teacher should have such access to his private life!

Dorothy Gould said...

Don't worry, I hope to have him over this hump by August 18! But if not, I'll put the duct tape in his school bag....

Mike Maier said...

Beautiful Dor! Is that a new camera- they are really good photos...

Dorothy Gould said...

Same camera, must be operator improvement.....