Monday, August 11, 2008

I had a good day.....

Today was Sophie's first day back to school. She has been excited about starting first grade since finding out last week that she is in Mrs. Woodhouse's class. Any time school was mentioned this summer she would go on about how she just had to get Mrs. Woodhouse. (I think the draw is that she is young, fun and cute.) I know from other parents that all the first grade teachers are very good, so it didn't matter to me. I kept reminding her that there are 5 first grades, and you get who you get....so it was pretty funny when we saw that she did indeed get her favorite.

Here she is dealing with the dreaded new sneakers. She didn't have a meltdown, just asked for my help in getting them to feel comfortable, a huge leap from last year.



Yearly pose in the dawn's early light; her bus arrives at 7:03. He was about 5 minutes early this morning, but did wait for us while we sprinted up the rest of the hill.


Later on Mike enjoyed a leisurely breakfast, undisturbed by big sister. It always amazes me how taking 1 child out of the equation makes things so much more peaceful.......

Her report this afternoon was very postive, loved pretty much everything about her day, class and teacher. We played outside after dinner, it was so nice tonight, and no meltdown at bedtime at all. It's nice that the adjustment will be easier for all of us this year.

1 comment:

StephB said...

I'm glad Sophie's day went well yesterday! We are still getting the hang of this school thing. So far I've had to kick off my shoes and sprint back into the house every day for some forgotten item.

Cool about the new church - Grammy will be excited. I hope that the acoustics will be good so it wil be easier for her to hear.