Sunday, August 10, 2008

A Post for Uncle Tom

Terry spent most of today cleaning the gutters, and the kids were only too eager to try their hand at climbing the ladder. As many of you know, most of us Maiers do not like heights, kind of strange since we are a tall bunch. My brother Tom and I really share that sentiment, as evidenced by the year we had a house at Lake Lanier and he and I were the ONLY ones who did not jump from the top of the dock into the water. That year Sophie begged me to let her jump, she was only 4 and of course I didn't let her. Well, today I thought maybe she would have if I had said yes. She happily climbed up the ladder, and was almost high enough to clean the gutter herself.



Emily enjoyed her turn as well, but Michael preferred to stay closer to the ground. (smart boy!)



Sophie then had fun taking pictures of them as they watched from the kitchen.
Oh, and she was pretty pleased with this shot, she worked hard to get this photo of her shadow.
Here's Terry doing the front of the house, just tilting my head to look at him that high made me nauseous. He did a great job, now they are done, the ladder has been returned to Dad, and we are all off to bed...as tomorrow is THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wasn't afraid. It just had not yet been an hour since lunch...

Who wouldn't worry about a stomach cramp that could send you sinking into the depths?

On top of that my two feet on the outside of rail made me much closer than Dor to almost jumping.