Tuesday, August 19, 2008

We had a good day too!

Yesterday was Michael and Emily's first day back to preschool. They loved it and did great, no tears or hesitation going in. Of course, I had to make them pose with the sign, gotta keep up with tradition.

Their teacher is focusing on independence this year, and that is fine by me. One of her goals is to have them learn to recognize their name, but for now, they just have to know what color their name card is, and hang their bag up on the hook beneath it. Or at least try. So we made a big deal out of letting them carry their own bag. Michael was thrilled, Emily not so much. She just wanted to get out the "bouncy ball" and play, and was annoyed with me when I told her no. Her pout rivals Sophie's, which is no small feat.



Mike was great carrying the bag, but once at school, pulled his name card right off the bulletin board when I pointed it out to him. Whoops, guess he thought it was his to take home. Emily had no problem hanging up her bag below her name. Mike just kind of held his up to the hook, like it was going to magically jump from his outstretched fingers all by itself. I know he'll get the hang of it soon enough. Here's one more picture the teacher sent.

They were wiped out when I picked them up. Lunch was refused by both, and a nap couldn't happen fast enough.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Omigod, I have Sophie in that exact pose, Emily is learning from the master!
Mary

Mike Maier said...

Dor- Mike is so tall! Go godson!