Saturday, August 16, 2008

A Toss Up

Today was my Multiples Club's consignment sale, and it was a great success. I can't decide which I am more excited about: the fact that I made over $700.00 in sales, or that I got rid of my last exersaucer, and two single strollers. I also got rid of a LOT of clothes, which is so nice. My only big ticket item that didn't sell was an infant car seat. I know by the Spring/Summer sale (March) I will be able to sell my two double strollers. (what will we do with all that room??) And here's hoping we are done with the Diaper Champs by then as well!

Our two sale coordinators ran the past 3 sales and they resigned after this one. They did such a great job automating the system with consignment software that scans the bar code on each item's tag. Our club was desperate for volunteers for the Spring, if no one volunteered to run it, we wouldn't have one....so yes, I volunteered. Me and two other ladies will be working together to pull it all off. It is such a team effort, if you sell you participate in the set up, work the sale, and tear it all down. It comes together quite nicely. Still, though, I am sure "being in charge" will have it's challenges, (like finding a new suitable venue that is a good location, but also affordable) and I am looking forward to that. Taking on a challenge and seeing tangible results is something I don't get on a daily basis and I really enjoyed the sense of accomplishment I felt today.

Terry was a huge help, he was there with us all day yesterday and today. There were only 3 husbands that helped out, the rest had kid duty at home. Luckily, we have Nana who stays overnight so both of us can work. Part of my earnings will be spent on massages for both of us, I am currently typing this with an ice pack on my back, and Terry just told me he hasn't been this sore in ages. You can imagine the hubbys did the grunt work, although we women worked our tails off as well.

In equally exciting news.......ta da....Michael and Emily start back to preschool on Monday. They will be in the older 2's class, and will go MWF mornings. Their teachers are favorites of ours, Sophie had them years ago too. Miss Sharon has set up a blog for their class, you can see it here. We had meet and greet on Friday morning, don't we look all happy with our cheesy grins?

2 comments:

Mike Maier said...

Guys- great job with the sale! I don't know whose grins are bigger- yours or theirs!

Elizabeth said...

WOW!! The sale sounds awesome. I KNOW you will do a great job being in charge. Besides, you'll have more time on your hands with all the kids in school!

Micajah has the same shirt Michael is wearing in orange and one in green. LOVE that shirt. It washes SO well. They are precious. Can't believe they are going to school!!