Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Fireworks

Well, we didn't make it to the fireworks in person this year, but Sophie did stay up to watch them on TV. No mean feat since she had a sleepover last night at her friend Katies' house. I feel like I got some fun time with Michael and Emily today, since I wasn't caught in the fire between an almost 6 yr old who wants them to leave her alone, and the toddlers who want whatever she has. Here is the start of our day...at 8:30 for me, since that is when the twins woke up. I didn't have my Sophie wake up call at 6:30ish, that was a nice treat. Although I did have to give Michael more motrin and some milk at 4:30...he was inconsolable. I think he and James are on the same teething schedule, inscisors due any day now, both top and bottom.




After getting dressed we headed downstairs for breakfast. Emily contemplated throwing on a load of laundry, but the lure of waffles and bananas was too much for her.




After breakfast, they played in the family room for about an hour while I cleaned up. Again, I love my Sophie girl, but oh, how calmly they played without big sister there to stir things up. We headed over to Grandma and Grandpa's for a visit, and ended up having lunch over there. No pics from their house, I was too busy keeping them occupied/contained/out of things. Back home for nap, then over to Katie's to pick up Sophie.

We had a really nice time at the Bottitta's. They had a new playset installed just yesterday, and the kids had a blast on it. Katie and Sophie enjoyed playing dress up, Michael enjoyed sitting in a booster seat, and Emily enjoyed about 3 pieces of watermelon. Oh, and I can't forget Josh (Katie's 3 yr old brother) who SO enjoyed his cupcake and ice cream.




No comments: