Tuesday, October 24, 2006

And the winner is.....

Emily! Today she took her first steps, walking to me, while I held her hands. Not totally on her own, but a far cry from cruising around furniture. For the past several days she has been standing independently, and has looked confused....should I try to take a step or not? So I sat on the floor in front of her and reached out my hands, she grabbed hold and was on her way. Michael at this point was trying desperately to climb into my lap, he was not happy to be left out. After clapping with/for Emily, I stood him up and held out my hands....he fell to his knees and crawled to me. Their birthday is on Saturday, maybe Emily will take her first solo steps by then. I am sure big brother will follow shortly.


2 comments:

StephB said...

Hooray! Go Emily : )

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMILY AND MICHAEL
IT DOESN'T SEEM POSSIBLE YOU CAN BE
1 YR OLD ALREADY.
LET ME GUESS WILL THERE BE 2 CUPCAKES WITH A CANDLE ON EACH
PLUS GRANDMA M FAMOUS BIRTHDAY CAKE
OR JUST CUP CAKES
WHICHEVER IT WILL BE A JOYOUS
CELEBRATION NANA