Sunday, October 22, 2006

Emily Clare



As I have said in earlier posts, Emily is an extrememly content baby. She plays well by herself; studying toys for minutes on end. She is happy to crawl around the kitchen, get under the table and walk from chair to chair. When she wakes from her nap or in the morning, you would never know it. It is Michael who yells for me to come in, Emily plays away while waiting patiently. It takes so little to amuse her; she finds everything fascinating. She is very much like Sophie was at that age. Sometimes, I feel like I have a tendency to overlook her at times, since she is so content, and doesn't require as much attention. And she is not the clingy type either, compared with her brother. However, in the past few weeks, I have noticed a big change in her. She is more apt to protest when Michael takes something from her, and will now seek me out and climb into my lap as if to say: "Protect me from my crazy siblings, Mommy!" Maybe she realizes she needs to get a bit more assertive to keep up with her big brother and sister. And maybe she will live up to her namesake, my sister Clare, after all!



3 comments:

GrandmaMaier said...

grandmaEmily and Michael are now on my desktop at work - need to keep these seniors on their toes. Great pictures, many thanks.

Anonymous said...

Dor-
Great that she is getting assertive- no one wants the squeaky wheel to always get the grease! She looks like she will give them all a run for the money soon enough- Clare would be proud...
Mike

Anonymous said...

Dor-
Great that she is getting assertive- no one wants the squeaky wheel to always get the grease! She looks like she will give them all a run for the money soon enough-
Mike