Friday, October 20, 2006

The Birthday Girl

Just got the pics back from Sophie's bday celebration at home. Tomorrow is her party with Noah at KangaZoom. He turned 5 today and to celebrate, they played hooky from school. Kathleen's sister and children are visiting, so they all went to Burt's Pumpkin Farm, then to Amicalola Falls. Sophie had a great time, they got to pick out baby pumpkins, ride on a hayride, and walk up to the Falls. Next year Michael, Emily and I will join them.

Here is the birthday girl the day before....everyone needs to look good on their big day, right? Stuart, our favorite barber, has been cutting Sophie's hair since her first haircut at 15 ms. He also cuts Terry's hair. I only had my camera with me because I wanted him to give Emily a trim. She has all that fluff in the back (baby mullet) that drives me crazy. He told me I was being anal, and to enjoy her baby hair for awhile. Guess I will have to wait for Mary to visit to take care of it, I am not brave enough to do it myself.




Here's Sophie with Grandma and Grandpa Maier at her party. Thanks to Grandma for the delicious cake (Favorite chocolate cake with Swedish icing) and thanks to Grandpa for decorating it.


That one pesky candle took several tries to blow out, but Sophie didn't mind. The crown is from school.



Modeling her new dress from G'ma and G'pa. Hope Emily likes it as well!

6 comments:

StephB said...

Great photos! : )

Dorothy Gould said...

Mare, That thought came to mind. However, at 5 I loved plaid, remember that outfit you made for me in Sewing class? I think it was the 8 yrs of Holy Spirit that spawned my aversion to it.

Anonymous said...

From your anal sister in Pa .. i've been trimming Brendan's hair (mostly fluff)since he was year old!

Anonymous said...

Dor,
We have hacked at James hair quite unsuccessfully for a year- he is not one to sit still! The result is a lopsided head of hair (and 8 of ten nails that need trimming)
Mike

Dorothy Gould said...

I have mastered the nail trimming, which says a lot since the first time i tried to trim Sophie's she bled. Mary and Dave are coming for a long weekend on Thursday, so I will save that for her. You know what a talented barber she is!

Sharon said...

I love the picture of Sophie at the barbers. She has such a funny look on her face.