Sunday, February 25, 2007

Clean Sweep

Ok, so this post will not be exciting for everyone, but I know my mother will have to sit down when she sees these photos. As promised, before and after shots of our garage.


Before:


After:



How many pairs of "yard shoes" does one person need? To be fair, one pair was mine, and I got rid of them as well.




Emily and Michael's contribution to the project; they did this for 2 1/2 hours:




One of the things I really wanted was to get stuff off the floor, out from between our cars, and in their own place. I think Terry accomplished this nicely:

We have several boxes to donate, and both our trash cans are full. Now the challenge is to keep it this neat. We have lived in our home almost 10 years, and this is the first time we removed everything from the garage, cleaned extensively, and re-organized. We figure we're good for another 10 years.

So Mom, when do you want to come over and see for yourself? You could probably eat off the floor, Terry even mopped that......

5 comments:

Mike Maier said...

Dor- I almost hate to admit how esciting that is. Its almost as satisfying even just looking at the pictures. Maybe the Gould Maier genes have melded to create some sort of super organisation? Kudos.

GrandmaMaier said...

I can hardly wait to see the newly renovated garage - it is amazing just how much you can accumulate. It looks great - a new challenge to keep it looking good.

Dorothy Gould said...

There is one small problem....a lot of what was on the workbench ended up on the dining room table. So there are a few things I still need to find a permanent home for, but we are working on that. I just need to get over the fact that with 3 small children, there will never be a time when everything is "put away"!

StephB said...

Way to go Dorothy! I am embarrassed to admit it, but our garage looks like the "before" photo even AFTER we've organized it.

You've inspired me to hang up the hooks, though, this weekend. . .

Dorothy Gould said...

Steph, the hooks have made a big difference, and were pretty easy to install....from what I observed. Now Sophie can get the walkers down for michael and emily, she thinks it's neat that she is big enough to take them off the wall. the next step is some shelves, for all the little things like chalk, bubbles, frisbees, etc.