Wednesday, February 14, 2007

House of Blues

Well, it has finally hit our house....the stomach bug. It started with Sophie on Sunday night, progressed to me and Terry on Monday, and worked it's way to Emily last night. Between 7:30 and 10 pm, she threw up 3 times, and by the time we went to bed, I couldn't remember if she was back in her crib, or in the pack and play in the guest room. Turns out she slept all night long in the pack and play, on a towel, as she had dirtied all the sheets that fit it. She slept till 10am this morning, and woke up chipper and happy as if none of it had ever happened.


Does this look like a baby who had 3 baths in the span of 4 hours because she was so covered in it? From what I have heard the last person to get it in the family is usually the quickest to recover. We hope Emily is the last, and that it skips Michael altogether.

When it hit Sophie, we were at Mom and Dad's for dinner, she decided to go lay down in the guest room because she "wasn't feeling so well". (big clue right there that something was not right) Mom, being much more experienced with sick children than I, suggested she take a bucket with her. Good idea, within 10 minutes she had made good use of it. I was pretty impressed that she knew what to do, and got it all in the bucket. I didn't have to strip a child, a bed or clean a carpet. She fell asleep while we ate dinner, and got up later saying she felt much better. She made it as far as the bathroom, and lost it again. She missed dance and a playdate on Monday, and still wasn't up to going to school on Tues. She did go today and is feeling much better, but still not eating much.

It hit me on Monday morning, I woke up feeling fine, and within an hour I was dizzy and nauseous. I won't go into the gory details, but suffice it to say, I spent the entire day in bed. Everytime I even moved, it hit me again. By Tuesday I was fine. Terry only had a slight bit of it on Monday, and really didn't have the chance to be sick. Since I literally couldn't stand, he took care of everyone on Monday. By Tuesday he was pooped, but at least missed the worst of it. Now it is wait and see with Michael. He seems fine right now, but so did Emily all day yesterday. At least I am prepared, I have all the crib and pack and play sheets washed, all their blankets and every pair of pj's they own are clean. So, bring it on bug, you don't scare us!!


No comments: