Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Best Day of My Life

That's what Sophie said to me when we were out playing in the snow tonight, that this was the best day of her life. Don't you wish that all it took was a little frozen H2O to make you that happy? I sure do. And in reality, the snow made me just as happy and giddy as the kids; I think mainly because it brings back so many memories of my own childhood and teenage years in NJ. Nothing like hearing the snowplow coming down our street, and knowing the big hill would be right in front of 6 Arnold Court. Good times.

However, just dressing and undressing the little ones twice in a 2 hour period this afternoon and tonight was enough. (Mom, I remember the dishpan for our wet hats/gloves/mittens/socks, etc, and getting undressed in the garage; makes perfect sense to me now.) Poor Michael, he doesn't even have mittens, and had to wear a girly pair. Sophie was having so much fun that I let her stay up late; I put M and Em down at 7:15, then she and I went back outside till about 8pm. I doubt they will have school tomorrow, right now it is sleeting. We really did enjoy it tonight, maybe some will stick around for the morning at least.





5 comments:

StephB said...

It sure was beautiful, wasn't it? The problem now is the "no snow day tears" at 6:12am, no less. Ach!

Dorothy Gould said...

Steph, We had those too, and I have to say, I share their sentiment. I was really looking forward to a snow day today, oh well.

Anonymous said...

we have some snow here tonight, we're all hoping for a snow day tomorrow or at least delayed opening. I heard wearing your pajamas backwards to bed will do the trick! Mary

Dorothy Gould said...

Mare, Kathleen told me that was all the rage at preschool yesterday. The teachers REALLY wanted a snow day today (we didn't get one), so they told the kids they had to wear their PJ inside out and backwards, and sleep with a spoon under their pillow. We will have to join in next time.

Elizabeth said...

Dor - that looks like "snow" much fun!! I wish some of it would have made it down here. We'll have to try the backwards PJ's