Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Whose toys?

Yesterday was a nice day, and we took the opportunity to be outside for a couple of hours in the afternoon. Sophie got to ride her new plasma car, and I even took a spin on it. It gained some good speed going down the slope into our cul de sac. Terry tried it too, but the camera was in his pocket while he was riding it. Yes, I look like a goof, but it was fun.


Terry has been showing Michael and Emily how to swing on the big swing, and they are both enjoying that. Here's Emily in action:

New Year's Eve was rather tame, Terry is fighting a bad cold, so he was in bed early. I stayed up a bit later, and sorted through a huge bag of hand me downs for Michael. Talk about exciting! Terry had to work today, and Sophie needed a playmate other than me, so we called our best buddy over for the day. Luckily he was available, and they spent the day playing so nicely together. I even got to shower when the little ones were napping. Mom and Dad stopped in for "coffee time", and we had a nice visit. Sophie, Noah and I whipped up some double chocolate muffins (Ghiradelli mix, very good) for the occasion, since today was Dad's birthday. All in all a nice start to 2008!

No comments: