Tuesday, January 08, 2008

What happens at Grandma's

stays at Grandma's. Except for these pictures, because they were too funny not to share. The kids were down in Peachtree City this weekend visiting their grandparents. They have a dog, Dave, who has to spend time in his cage when our two toddlers are around. GG Yoko has shown Michael and Emily how to give him treats while he is in the cage, and I guess they wanted to try it out for themselves. Here's Emily in the cage, being fed by her brother.



The kids love that Grandpa has his very own golf cart, and they have the run of the many playgrounds that are just a cart ride away. Luckily the weather was nice, so they were able to go to a different playground each day.


I so enjoyed my weekend as well. My house is the cleanest it has ever been in years...perhaps since before having kids! Over the past 2 weeks Terry has steam cleaned all the carpet in the entire house, and I have been able to get rid of so much stuff. What is left is much better organized. It is so much easier to clean up at night before bedtime now, because everything has it's own home. A huge thanks to Pam, Gerry and Yoko for giving us the precious gift of uninterrupted time to get this accomplished. We also enjoyed our dinner out by ourselves, and our birthday dinner out with Mom and Dad. A lovely way to end Christmas vacation.

(And yes, I know these pictures look crappy; I have been working on them for over an hour, and I can't figure out why they are not transferring correctly. Pam emailed them to me, and when I copied them to my picture program, then post them in Blogger, they come out tiny. This is my attempt to make them normal sized, which totally screwed up the quality. Oh well...you get the idea.)

2 comments:

StephB said...

Ahh, clean house. : )

Elizabeth said...

LOVE Emily in the dog cage with Michael feeding her. Bless them, like most brothers - he has probably wanted to do that for a while! ADORABLE!!

Want to make a trip to Homerville to help clean my house?