Thursday, March 02, 2006

Big Brother, Little Sister


One of the fun things to do with two babies is to put them together on the floor, and see what happens. Michael and Emily are really starting to notice each other, and it is funny to watch. Since they both still startle pretty easily, one of them usually ends up smacking the other, also funny to watch.

Today we had dance at 11, then went out to lunch with the dance girls, then on to the barber for Sophie's haircut. The twins were awake for dance, slept through lunch, and were both ready to eat when we got to the barbershop. As fate would have it, we ran into my friend Leslie, and she was kind enough to feed Michael while I fed Emily. When we were done, we held them on our laps facing each other. Neither one of us was paying much attention to them, since we hadn't seen each other in months and were busy catching up. I heard Michael cooing, and looked down to see him staring intently at Emily, who was smiling right back at him. I can only imagine their conversation...Hey, remember me? I was the one with my foot in your face for all those months, so glad we got out of there!!

3 comments:

Mike Maier said...

so adorable! What sweet babies, and we loved the Chuck E Cheese story. Glad to hear things are going well.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I scored a mention! That is very cool. I was so excited to see you and "gang" at the barber shop. Seems I only see you by chance - and to think, I was just picking up my cleaning and heading back to work. Not even, instead, I got to catch up with a great friend and feed a little one too! Lucky for me I got the one that doesn't let one drop escape his lips! Can't wait for our next visit, maybe next time it will be in Dr. Harrison's waiting room - you never know!

StephB said...

I'll bet they have some great talks! Congratulations on the Chuck E. Cheese visit - that is a huge accomplishment with 3 kids! That place wears me out!