Thursday, March 30, 2006

Good advice?

All of the advice I have received from other mothers of multiples, or books on the subject all say the same thing: Get your children on the same schedule ASAP, or your life will be insane. Well, they have never met Michael and Emily. Today for example, Michael woke at 6:30am, had a bottle at 7:15, and was falling asleep again at 8:20. I put him down for his "morning nap" a few minutes ago. All this before Emily has even woken up for the day. Of course, big sister was up at 6:15, happy as a clam to play in her room for awhile.

With Sophie we were on such a schedule and it worked well. She was a very predictable baby, plus there was one of her, and one of me. Now there are two infants, one 4 year old, and one mommy. I would say that each of the babies are on a schedule, they wake, eat, play for a couple of hours, then go to sleep again. However, they are usually an hour or so apart at the start of the day, and somehow, by the end of the day, they have their last bottle together. Go figure!

I actually don't mind the lag time between their naps, as it gives me time to spend with each of them alone. I know by the time they start taking "real" naps, the kind that last more than 45 minutes, they will be more in synch.

No comments: